Tactics

Started by Zigipaladin, May 28, 2010, 12:52:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Zigipaladin

Im playing in Golden league atm and all zergs are kinda playing on hydralisk spamm tactic , i am playing with protoss mostly and i just cant figure out a counter tactic for that . Does any1 have some suggestion or idea what could work against them ( but with protoss ) ?

I am Paladin - Zigipaladin ;D !

Fred_Zulraji

I am playing protoss aswell, what I am doing that is working most of the time against someone with mass Hydrass is that I go Zealot/Colossi or Sentry/Colossi, with other units in the mix aswell.
The reason being Zealot's with charge will bind the Hydrass and the Colossi will just melt their faces.
Or if you are doing Sentry's, you want to get those Force Field just so the Hydrass can't fire but your Colossi with Thermal Lance range upgrade will rip them to shreds.
this is manly my way to tacle the mass Hydra tactic, oh and it is allways fun to throw in some High Templars for Storm :3
<br /> <br />This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it!<br /> - John Adams<br />Sience flies you to the Moon. Religion flies you into buildings.<br /> - Unknown<br />There is no God, only your imagination.<br /> - Fredrik Degerman (2009)

Zigipaladin

Hmm , sounds like a plan , ill try it , thanks fred . Btw , did u received my friend req ( ive sent it via some facebook crap ) ?

Fred_Zulraji

<br /> <br />This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it!<br /> - John Adams<br />Sience flies you to the Moon. Religion flies you into buildings.<br /> - Unknown<br />There is no God, only your imagination.<br /> - Fredrik Degerman (2009)

Zothar

I used to be in the copper league, no idea where i'll end up now, however i'm currently playing terran mostly, and with that at start marine / marauders attack. Currently (starting games before ladders) im beating pretty much everyon with that, and if it gets repelled i'm just focussing on Banshees and Vikings, maybe some Siege Engines in between. I tried going for Battle Cruisers and Thors, and i've been told i was able to get to those units pretty quick in the game, but in my experience, they aint worth the trouble and cost to get to, and it's much better to just focus on banshees with cloaking, vikings to counter air-units, and some siege engines to finish it off.

About Protoss: I haven't really played it much myself, and neither do i play Zherg, but a friend of mine does, and he just uses a zealot rush. It pretty much beats everything, and personally i expect it definetly beats a hydralisk spamm, since from what i know zealots are WAY faster then hydraliskst...

Btw, if you want to add me as a friend in SC2 beta (again), just PM me for an e-mail adress. I'll send it to ya gladly, but i won't just openly put it here :P

I am a Warlock - Your solo nature means that you're very capable of fending for yourself. It also means, however, that you have trouble finding your place in groups.

Shadowhoof

Zealots are faster than hydralisks only if they have charge upgraded. Otherwise i think they have the same speed. Zealot rush is a good choice only if your opponent is a moron (f.ex. terran not blocking the way and not repairing the buildings, protoss and zerg not building defensive structures or not making enough units to counter the rush).

Zothar

I meen building speed, not movement speed. Zealots are way faster to obtain then hydralisks. Thats what i meen.

I am a Warlock - Your solo nature means that you're very capable of fending for yourself. It also means, however, that you have trouble finding your place in groups.

Shadowhoof

Well ofc they are faster, they are first unit =P still its very easy to counter zealots, and it would be quite stupid if the guy who wants to build a lot of hydralisks wouldnt defend his base. From my personal experience like 2-3 correctly placed spine crawlers dont let zealots do anything.

Zigipaladin

Quote from: Zothar on May 29, 2010, 16:27:04
I meen building speed, not movement speed. Zealots are way faster to obtain then hydralisks. Thats what i meen.
Well , i play Protoss all the time and i mostly go on zealot rush , and i could easily rush the guy that is going on hydralisks only from the begining , but mostly ppl build some quick Spine crawlers and some first zerg units ( i cant remember the name atm ) and that is fairly enough to counter ur rush and after that just spamm hydralisks till 100/100

Zothar

Zigipaladin

Quote from: Zothar on May 29, 2010, 18:13:25
Zerglings? :P
Hahaha , yes lol how could i not remember that o.O

Shadowhoof

well i am playing zerg so i can tell you that zerg is very dependant on expansions, most likely if zerg is rushing hydralisks, he wont have much units, so you should control the map and quickly destroy any expansion zerg is going to make, so zerg will not be able to spam-create units, and you will have much more chances to win

Zigipaladin

Quote from: Shadowhoof on May 29, 2010, 21:31:13
well i am playing zerg so i can tell you that zerg is very dependant on expansions, most likely if zerg is rushing hydralisks, he wont have much units, so you should control the map and quickly destroy any expansion zerg is going to make, so zerg will not be able to spam-create units, and you will have much more chances to win
Oki , thanks for tip !