Guild Wars 2 RECRUITMENT!

Started by Dorat, July 26, 2012, 13:38:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred_Zulraji

So anyone can join this thing rioght? as long as you own the game.

Edit:
fuck sake, cant logg, says Im not authorized or w/e
but I have bought the game ect
<br /> <br />This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it!<br /> - John Adams<br />Sience flies you to the Moon. Religion flies you into buildings.<br /> - Unknown<br />There is no God, only your imagination.<br /> - Fredrik Degerman (2009)

Dorat

Fred_Zulraji

<br /> <br />This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it!<br /> - John Adams<br />Sience flies you to the Moon. Religion flies you into buildings.<br /> - Unknown<br />There is no God, only your imagination.<br /> - Fredrik Degerman (2009)

Fred_Zulraji

Quote from: Dorat on August 02, 2012, 21:05:13
Riverside server, look for Charr Paladin( :-[) named Strma!  ;D
tells me [de] w/e so thats not an english speaking server :P

Dorat

Ye, they changed that server to DE last beta, I need to find new good international server for the release. I'll post it here soon.

So, how was your first contact with GW2? What class / race did you play!? :)

Fred_Zulraji

I played a Sylvari Ranger, I know I wanna play Elementalist/Ranger/Mesmer, but have only had the chance to try Ranger.
First impresstions of the game was good, the graphics are really good altho with my GTX580 I only reach 45-55 FPS on everthing on MAX (anyone got a spare GTX680?)
There are some things here and there that keept bugging me in the gameplay, but it just takes time to get used to I guess.
And I will most likley go for a Ranger but I don't know if I am going Sylvari or Nord yet.

Dorat

Go Norn, cos me and Santo are gonna be Norn so we can level up together!^^

I don't know what the hell am I going to be, Ranger was my first choice, but gameplay started to be boring after a while, than Warrior was 2nd, and last beta I played  Guardian, he is great but it doesn't kite so well if going gets tough.  ???

Since Santo is goanna be Warrior and you Ranger, I might stick with Guardian, so we have different classes for combo fields, but some alts will grow in time for sure cos lots of classes are very likeable!  :)

Santo

I must say that I changed my opinion what I will play after trying each proffesion, every damn proffesion has some kind of "addiction" factor  ;D.

I defenetly wanted to play range class and I was only looking at them.
I was sure I will play necro at the start, then after trying ranger I defenetly decided he will be my proffesion. Just to see the other classes I decided to give them an hour or 2. After trying everything but engineer and warrior, ranger was still pretty high on my play list, but I found the elementalist very interesting also (most complex proffesion to play, but very fun).

After all that I was pretty sure I had my class, cos engineer didn't look so interesting and warrior was defenetly on the bottom of my wish to play list, oh how very wrong was I. I decided to try the engineer, and it was love at first sight  ;D. I played him the most of betas and I was 99% sure this is my proffesion, until last day of the last beta I tried the WARRIOR.

I wanted to play (and still want to play) range class, and you wouldn't belive it but warrior is my range class I will play  8). When I got rifle in the warriors hands and had sooo much fun I just couldn't belive it. My damage was basicly the same of every other range class and you can put traits for rifles and bows, so there are even stronger then the original. I solo killed event boss only by rifle, that I couldn't do with any other range class  ;).

That is the beauty of this game - there are no restrictions. People who didn't try the game will think "sure you can use rifle and bow, but as "melee" class you can't beat a range class or the other way around", but this doesn't apply for this game. Basicly you need to use both melee and range weapons for all the classes, but you can still prefer melee or range type of combat and play it like that. This game offers you the way to play any class, any way you want it and it rocks!

My proffesion is : Warrior, main weapon: Rifle  ;)

Fred too bad you didn't have time to try the game a bit more, it gets really really interesting. For me personally slyvari have the most boring starting area.

Norn all the way!!  ;)

Santo

Quote from: Dorat on August 03, 2012, 13:31:21

Suure, the only problem is I will be in the middle of the lybian desert, 1200 km from the nearest city.  8)
If I get a internet signal I will whisper you  ;D.

Dorat

Quote from: Santo on August 04, 2012, 08:28:04
Quote from: Dorat on August 03, 2012, 13:31:21

Suure, the only problem is I will be in the middle of the lybian desert, 1200 km from the nearest city.  8)
If I get a internet signal I will whisper you  ;D.

Haveing no mobile and internet signals is actually very good for you, at least you will be safe form any remote controlled IED!  :P

ye-roon

I must say, after seeing some gameplay movies of this game it actually looks like a verry nice game. And i think i will buy it. I just hope there's gonna be an open beta event so i can check if its for me.

As for proffesion, it looks like it going to be a ranger longbow/greatsword combo. And probably a sylvari. Plant people ftw. A thief with a shortbow seems promissing aswell :)
Salthoof Bear Druid

Fred_Zulraji

Quote from: ye-roon on August 06, 2012, 15:58:05
I just hope there's gonna be an open beta event so i can check if its for me.
To late!
The only thing would be if there is another stress test before launch, but I doubt it.

ye-roon

Quote from: Fred/Klorin/Ignition on August 06, 2012, 17:10:56
Quote from: ye-roon on August 06, 2012, 15:58:05
I just hope there's gonna be an open beta event so i can check if its for me.
To late!
The only thing would be if there is another stress test before launch, but I doubt it.
Why? when was there an open beta test? I did recieve an e-mail, however that stated that i should have pre ordered or something..
Salthoof Bear Druid

Dorat

There was 3 beta weekends and few stress tests for ppl who pre-purchased, there was never any open beta and it's all over now, game comes out in 20 days or so and if you have pre-purchased, you have 3 day head start form 25.08., that's it.

ye-roon

So its summer and i work in IT at uni/college equivelant here in the great flatlands, meaning its holiday season and there are 200 people logged in. Instead of the usual 20k. So i saw alot of GW2 movies the past couple of days, and hot damn i'm psyched. Its really weird that i am getting so excited about another mmo. But the whole dynamic concept and the worldvsworldvsworld brings me back to the days of dark age of camelot. I think i will definitly buy this game, and since there is a lack of a monk type class (i played a friar in daoc, hunter+druid in wow) the ranger is what appeals to me the most. Espcially the longbow. I've got like a bow fetish in games, and also big huge ass swords aswell. And the attuned to nature thing is what i like aswell. For race its probably going to be a Sylvari. However Human/Norn is also an option. The charr do not appeal to me at all. And the Asura, well, i see them more as magic users rather then rangers.

Other option would have be a warrior with the same weapons. I just havent seen the yogscast for the warrior.

My blood is boiling so to speak, do you guys know wich server you are going to start on?
Salthoof Bear Druid