Paladins in Infinite

Started by Maxxramas, March 13, 2008, 15:30:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxxramas

Hey ho guys. Some of u know me some of u don't, for those who don't know i played with hunter, Kasuka, and a month ago i decided to lvl up paladin and here i am, 50% newbie with this class but im trying to figure out some things.
this is link to armory:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sylvanas&n=Maxxramas

Ok, 1st question about palas is : woot's more important for holy pala ? is it spell crit wich gifes u mana regen every time u crit  or is it more on balance between mana amount and + healing or maybe spell crit and mana amount. For example if u somehow dont have SP with u in party in raid setup ur doomed to play "smart" and that means minimum 20 mana pots rdy to be used and chilling out with "big"  heal's ( less casting holy light ) wich wont put u on first 5 in healing done for sure.

2nd question is : why is it so nesesery to wear plate ? imagine holy pala as holy priest tho HP have more then 3 spell's to heal some1 ^^ , but we r talking about cloth/plate. Im asking this cuz some leather/cloth/mail items gife's much better stats then plate items, only thing ur loosing is +armor but if cloth can menage with DMG recieved why cant pala's.

Ofc u wont be pro if some1 see u in 25man raid with 50% ur items as cloth :P that's why i tryied to avoid cloth as u can see on armory, got 1 cloth, 2 mail, 2 leather.

When i lvled my pala i lvled him as holy since lvl 26 and was maniac about spell crit, i liked that mana regen and wanted to put all gems on spell crit when i dinged 70. But then i saw like every 2nd pala using + healing / mp5 gems and i was like ... wtf ? who im i to be smart asz and put all gems or at least 70% my gems on spell crit cuz i looked @ some pala's on armory from guilds that  have alot exp in raiding. I throw a look @ those applies on ur forum and ur asking guys why they have so low spell crit :))

So lads im asking for a lil of ur time to take a look on this topic and i hope u guys ( some of pala's i know from EH way back ago some of u i dont but u all together have lots of exp in pala class and woot's best way then to ask friends ) can answer on my 2 questions.
Ty, best regards.

Anthara

1: I've found balance between mp5 and +heal the best thing to get. I capped around 100 mp5 unbuffed and started to buff my healing asap. Crit dont scale as good with the gear untill ye get into t6 (and some t5) gear, so I'd advise ye to aim for more healing 1st.
When it comes to healing I do spamheal flashes only, unless tank need alot of healing by few sources (f.ex. at Archimonde),as mana is normally an issue, and ye'll +/- never have a sp in yer grp in highend PvE, mages/hunter need it more. Toss off spam holy lights when ye have D.Illumination on is helpful, and using D.Favor to get the crit on that.
Manapots are made to be used, and I can assure you ye'll need em. Tho, beeing smart with your mana, but still not fucking ur grp / raid, ye'll get long.

2. As I started to collect healinggear I didnt bother much about getting plate. Cloth, Mail and some Leather has decent enough stats to outgo plate, atleast u get into t4 / t5. As u get into epic instances plate healinggear will have more of the stats you want as a holypala, and therefore it'll be more useful. A line ye could go out from is that as long as it has the stats you want (heal, mp5, crit, int, stam) you could aswell use it. Spirit is rather useless for palas. Also having the 17k armor makes you alot more survivable in PvE and PvP, and for PvP its a must.

3. About the spellcrit, I mentioned up there somewhere that it scales better with high end gear, this is because you'll get alot more healing and mp5 from the gear itself, so ye eventually "dont" need more, meaning you can put gems into spellcrit instead. With Kara or lower gear I'd say ur spellcrit could be something with 17-22, but as you get into t5/t6 ye'll get closer to 30% (I currenly have ~26,5% unbuffed).

And for lvling, I pref prot retri ;) Reckoning <3
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhdhT00xZVbIt0cuic (something like that, just smashed the points in, havent been retri for ages)

Hope this are to some help :)
If there's anything else, just ask ;)

Regards

Anthara

Maxxramas

Ok i agree with u ofc in all answers but i got some lowbie gems on some items like +13 healing so i can replace them with + healing  and mp5 gems and i think i can get 100mp5 +5-10 mp5. most gems i use r epix gems from heroix wich i found very usefull. I will loose + healing, lets say 50-70 + healing max and will gain mp5. i'd say i would have 10500 mana / low crit ( 16-18 max ) 1750 + healing. U think is Ok for 25 man raids etc SSC/TK or 10 man, ZA, 3rd boss and beyond ?

For example i use mana pot as soon i get to 70% of mana amount, mana pots r not prob since i have alchemy on hunter ^^ but after a while i get oom with mana ( grrr CD on pots :P nerf nerf :P ) i think i can fix it with more then +100 mp5 and spell crit cuz i was wrong when i thought i will deal with all my mana probs if i cap mana amount to 10000+ and work a lil on +healing / mp5.

One more thing is that im thinking on passing t4, took only head for meta socket, cuz to be honest t4 gifes crapy +2/+4 set bonus  and planing to get at least full plate random kara/ZA items, woot u think of this ?

My mojo is : lvl ur class in spec ur going to use on lvl 70, ofc im wrong, no doubt im crazy but my plan to lvl pala as holy is to get used to holy spec while grinding and not needing to respec to retri for farming :))

Ty, best regards

Taisiya

I remember I went for the old healing plate head from badges cause of the 10mp5 it had.

Did some forum trolling once, and well, if you're flash spamming with the occasional holy light to keep light's grace up you should aim for ~100mp5 unbuffed. Rest gems/gear should go for attaining as much healing as possible, since flash of light is the most efficient healing spell in game (single target anyway). Crit does scale better with t6 items, but even then, with the recent illumination and blessing of light effect on downranked holy light nerfs, flash spamming is our only option.

In short: Stack +healing. Chain pot. If you have 100mp5 unbuffed it's nice, but not a necessity. Stack more +healing. Chan pot.

That sums it up for me =)
They see me toppin', they nerfin'

Taisiya

And omg Kasuka <3 Just read the original post again =)

Anthara

Healing wise makes you save mana. Pot when nessesary, use CDs to save mana.

I have D.illumination + [item]Pendant of the violet eye[/item] at the same time, gives you about 500-1k mana while spamming highest rank flash.

Its just to make yer own playstyle, but concidering tips mentioned above might make ye abit wiser :)

GLs on playing healadin, its great fun :D

Regards

Anthara

Fred_Zulraji

<br /> <br />This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it!<br /> - John Adams<br />Sience flies you to the Moon. Religion flies you into buildings.<br /> - Unknown<br />There is no God, only your imagination.<br /> - Fredrik Degerman (2009)

Taisiya

As fun as mashing 2 buttons can be:P

Maxxramas

no no no, Aloria, ur getting meh totaly wrong, prob is that i sometimes spam holy light more then flash light cuz usualy when i see MT like 40% HP and keep loosing HP i cant help my self and not start spaming 2-4 holy lighg;s on him wich drains my mana to 80%, so, it's 1st 30 seconds of fight and im on 80% mana, that's not good. prob is teamwork among healers, cuz i never know is other healer starting to cast his heal ... never mind this is not why im posting this, reason is, is the solution for my 3-4 HL = 80% mana prob ... more Mp5 ? more then 10.5k mana ??
hehe, y mate, i wanted to take that badge head too for more mp5, but i took mail waist instead :P gife + spell haste :PPP btw <3 haste since i took that waist :))

I'm glad u remember meh mate, good old raiding days and look now i became healingbot :PPP

Anthara

If ur MT is at 40% hp for the total casttime of 2-4 HLs, you should concider replacing some healers :P
One D.favor HL is ok, another one if totally nessesary, but try not to add the 3rd or 4th without having D.Illumination on :)

Really too tired for this, so ima read trough tomorrow to see if I can add smth

Anth