Guild Wars 2 RECRUITMENT!

Started by Dorat, July 26, 2012, 13:38:55

Previous topic - Next topic

ye-roon

Double post but worth it. Stress test tonight!:

http://gw2status.com/
Salthoof Bear Druid

Santo

There is a stress test today. I will be in it, Dorat is on the coast, so he won't be participating.

We are playing on Riverside server for the beta's/stress test.

Fred_Zulraji

Thanks for the info, gonna play a Nord this time around, maby another class.. we will see ^^
<br /> <br />This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it!<br /> - John Adams<br />Sience flies you to the Moon. Religion flies you into buildings.<br /> - Unknown<br />There is no God, only your imagination.<br /> - Fredrik Degerman (2009)

ye-roon

Soooooo, i got to the server screen(finaly) and then i selected riverside(why german?) anyways, now i need to login again :p
Salthoof Bear Druid

Santo

Yeah, it looks like this stress test they were testing log in servers.

We are on riverside cos at the start it was english server, they changed it last beta, but we didn't see the point in changing servers for only stress tests.

Fred_Zulraji

Something that came to my attention just now and if true, really sucks..
I cant seem to change server to Gandara, only way to do it.. I have to pay!? What BS is that?
Or am I misunderstanding something here?
<br /> <br />This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it!<br /> - John Adams<br />Sience flies you to the Moon. Religion flies you into buildings.<br /> - Unknown<br />There is no God, only your imagination.<br /> - Fredrik Degerman (2009)

Santo

As in every mmo you have to pay for server transfer. In Gw2 payment for server transfer are gems.

Don't worry Fred, for the actual game everything is reset, including servers. All this was just for beta. At the start of the game you get complete clean slate and you are able to chose your server.

Btw I whispered you in game, you didn't answer, you played character named Illuver(something)?

ye-roon

After about an hour of trying to get in i finally mananged to create a character wich will take AGES to perfect in retail damnit! Its just a shame that the Sylvari dream boss was bugged and the event wouldnt start, so i created a norn. I found that the movement animation for the norn was really slow (it was a female). It felt like she was walking instead of running. And i hope there are going to be more hair options for the sylvari male, i'd really like to play a male ranger, but so far i like the females better.

its just a shame that you start with an axe.. i'd rather start with my bow :p
Salthoof Bear Druid

Santo

Bigger characters look slow ofc  :P.

How did you like the combat, dynamic events, heart "quests" etc.?

ye-roon

i liked those a lot actually, so much so that i actually stopped playing. I know myself and well, i would have played so much that i would be a really bad employee for my employer today :)

Hmm, i just saw a movie from the Mesmer, with a great sword.... i cant stop drooling. Thats so awesome :) Tonight is another stress test, (starting at 01.00 i heard) so maybe if i'm still awake ^^

Also tried a bit of the thief, human female, smallest physique. But the damn mask/hood is soooooo big it looked goofy :)

Its weird i so want to play a ranger, but mesmer, here's to hoping i get to test that :) Still, i'm kind of dissappointed with the sylvari male face/hair options. Norn seems to be a good 2nd. And i think Arena is smart to let the 3 days head start begin on a saturday, esp saturday morning 9am CEST ^^ I think i'm gonna have a lot of fun with this game and the WvWvW will bring back DAoC memories :)
Salthoof Bear Druid

Fred_Zulraji

Quote from: Santo on August 10, 2012, 02:46:08
Btw I whispered you in game, you didn't answer, you played character named Illuver(something)?
Nope that was not me :P
My toon is named Rewston

Right so yday, I got to play some more Sylvari but I allso played some Norn and Human, and out of the three I have to say that the humans seems to have the most intressting story for me.
Norn did not impress me at all for some reason :/
I will most likley go Human or Sylvari for launch, need to try some of the classes more.

ye-roon

Oh man, there is stuff like this in GW2! :

that is awesome!
Salthoof Bear Druid

ye-roon

double post omg!

anyways, how many people from infinite are going to play this game so far? And why Gandara?
Salthoof Bear Druid

Dorat

Quote from: ye-roon on August 14, 2012, 16:15:48
double post omg!

Finally Santo stopped posting because he is going to Libya and right in that time ye-roon appears, what are the odds! :P

Quote from: ye-roon on August 14, 2012, 16:15:48

anyways, how many people from infinite are going to play this game so far? And why Gandara?

5 or 6 so far, could be more latter on..

ye-roon

What are the odds indeed!

Anyways, in absence of Santo: Tonight 21.00 CEST another stress test.

And Norn Male mesmer isnt all that. I dont like the casting animations, class is fun, animations are not :p So gonna try a female, or asura :) I actually want a male character for a main, buf if not a female will have to do :) Still hanging toward ranger though. Not sure, but since there is no presure i can try both anyways :)
Salthoof Bear Druid