Starcraft 2 review

Started by Santo, March 29, 2010, 13:30:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Santo

So you starcraft players whats makes SC 2 so different from other RTS games?

Playing against other is fun via net, but all the other RTS games have that also, so what's the catch?

Zothar

The thing that makes Starcraft extremely special, at least that was the case in version 1, was that with 3 completely different factions (different units and abilities, not just different models but same damage/health etc), Blizzard still managed to make the game INCREDIBLY balanced. And for an RTS with factions which have completely different units, thats practically impossible.

I am a Warlock - Your solo nature means that you're very capable of fending for yourself. It also means, however, that you have trouble finding your place in groups.

Nosx

hydralisk spam > all. even zerg rush.

What makes SC2 a good game? The heritage, the story, the graphics, the gameplay (what zothar said). It has mostly everything for a good game, although i doubt it will pwn it's predecesor simply coz it's not so innovative anymore. But the 3 races have developed stuff that they really lacked (for ex the protoss accelaration thing was really needed).

Kemochi

Quote from: Nosx on March 29, 2010, 18:39:22

A proper defence + invisible banshee > Hydralisk spam

Fred_Zulraji

Quote from: Nosx on March 29, 2010, 18:39:22
Hellions > Hydra as Terran
and for Protoss Templar+Colossus > Hydra
<br /> <br />This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it!<br /> - John Adams<br />Sience flies you to the Moon. Religion flies you into buildings.<br /> - Unknown<br />There is no God, only your imagination.<br /> - Fredrik Degerman (2009)

Nosx

those units cost alot and take alot to produce plus the fact that it takes some research to get to them.

Kemochi

Hellions can easily be pumped out though, with a factory with a reactor attached.

Fred_Zulraji

Hellions dosen't cost much as said, and as for the Protoss units, they cost allot but the damage they do are huge
<br /> <br />This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it!<br /> - John Adams<br />Sience flies you to the Moon. Religion flies you into buildings.<br /> - Unknown<br />There is no God, only your imagination.<br /> - Fredrik Degerman (2009)

Anthara

Quote from: Zothar on March 29, 2010, 15:49:45
The thing that makes Starcraft extremely special, at least that was the case in version 1, was that with 3 completely different factions (different units and abilities, not just different models but same damage/health etc), Blizzard still managed to make the game INCREDIBLY balanced. And for an RTS with factions which have completely different units, thats practically impossible.
Wait till SC2 3.0, and they'll all do the same, look the same, buff the same. Like some changes to some other blizzard game commonly known....

Nosx

true that, 10g says we'll see aoe healing paladins next expansion -.-

Zigipaladin

Quote from: Nosx on April 08, 2010, 03:12:38
Bcoz paladins are ze best class ! O.o

I am Paladin - Zigipaladin ;D !

Anthara

Quote from: Zigipaladin on April 08, 2010, 12:39:49
I doubt that.
From what glimpses we've seen of the thoughts of blizz dev team in Cata it seems like they give classes some unique abilities again, like earthquake, healing rain, PW barrier, green fire, leap (disc "deathgrip"). Making hpalas AoE heal more then GoHL I dont really think.
Tho, the "bring the player not the class/spec" is probs more implemented, and if this aint gonna be a QQ then I spose palas might get some AoE, like discs getting Pw barrier.

But before the SC ppl start QQing, lets not ruin this post with trolling.

Kemochi

We have to get some 2v2's going, since we have 5 people who are in the beta atm.

Nosx

Quote from: Anthara on April 09, 2010, 00:46:07
I doubt that.
From what glimpses we've seen of the thoughts of blizz dev team in Cata it seems like they give classes some unique abilities again, like earthquake, healing rain, PW barrier, green fire, leap (disc "deathgrip"). Making hpalas AoE heal more then GoHL I dont really think.
Tho, the "bring the player not the class/spec" is probs more implemented, and if this aint gonna be a QQ then I spose palas might get some AoE, like discs getting Pw barrier.

unique? lol
healing rain = tranquility? pw barrier (wannabe DK anti magic zone) , green fire = hello they had chaos bolt lol?, leap = disc DK grip. Dunno about the earthquake. So this is not unique.

Anthara

Quote from: Nosx on April 17, 2010, 11:53:06
Quote from: Anthara on April 09, 2010, 00:46:07
I doubt that.
unique? lol
healing rain = tranquility? pw barrier (wannabe DK anti magic zone) , green fire = hello they had chaos bolt lol?, leap = disc DK grip. Dunno about the earthquake. So this is not unique.
Well, compared to how its now, atleast there are some new unique ones...
GG pala healing tho.. didnt see that coming...