Guild Wars 2 RECRUITMENT!

Started by Dorat, July 26, 2012, 13:38:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Santo

That is not my problem. I have a problem with the company firewall settings. I just don't understand how I could download the game normally through that launcher, but it doesn't allow me entrance now.

Anyone else can help?

ye-roon

Well, i dont know if you operate the firewall or manage it? But you could place some port forwards in the firewall from the outgoing ip to your personal computers ip (you have to set an ip for your pc and not let DHCP handle it). Then it maybe possible to connect through it. Otherwise you could let your pc connect to a proxy server, so your companies isp isnt the isp you connect to the game anymore. However you need to have a good proxy for that and preferably one thats close to you, because this is usually extremely laggy.

In other news, damn mesmer is a fun class. it really learns you to switch weapons. I currently use scepter/focus + GS, the final PvE build will probably be scepter/focus+staff. But for now the staff does way more dmg @ lvl 13. For sPVP a sword/pistol +scepter/focus build seems to shine the most. 2 blocks, blur, weakness, disable from the pistol 5 skill, 2 strong phantasms, really nice. For PvE i'm going for a phantasm build with iWarlock and iWarden.

My Ranger is lvl 43 now, took me 3 hours! to get the daily yesterday there werent any events on my own server. I'm staying in the overflow next time :) Also i'm full of softwood, soooooo i need to level my huntsman to level 150, however i do not have a lot of materials for the tier 2 discoveries, 8 per item is way to ridiculous. Does anyone know a place to farm those blue tier 2 mats? I know centaurs seem to drop a lot of those item sacks wich give tons of mats, but it isnt nearly enough.

I also found my first yellow items, a pair of pirate pants from a champion mob, then a dagger from a normal centaur (2 kills after we downed a champion centaur). The champion dropped nothing, it was like the game said: "oh sorry we forgot your loot 2 mobs ago, here is a yellow). And also a yellow level 38 hammer with power, precision and a major sigil of power (7 power per kill, max stack 25, so 175 power!).

So far i enjoy my new skirmishing build with both the Sbow and the Lbow. And ground target traps, extra bleed chance on crit and ofcourse fury and swiftness on weapon swap. But esp the gt traps are a blast, though i dont know wich to use yet, the fire one is obvious due to high damage and low CD. The poison one seems not that strong. The frost trap doesnt do damage and the spike trap gives even more bleed. Ah well, it looks like fun :)
Salthoof Bear Druid

Dorat

Quote from: Santo on September 04, 2012, 08:35:44

Anyone else can help?

Hond is your only hope... but he only comes to threads where there are boobs and kittens involved, you have to get his attention somehow!  ::)

edit:

And ye, ye-roon is new Santo, even if you got abducted in desert Santo, we would still get our daily dose for wall of text!  :D

Zigipaladin

Quote from: Dorat on September 04, 2012, 21:18:52
And ye, ye-roon is new Santo, even if you got abducted in desert Santo, we would still get our daily dose for wall of text!  :D
Thats kinda good , forum was dead in past weeks , even you Dorat was slacking , and i felt lonely!  ;D

I am Paladin - Zigipaladin ;D !

ye-roon

I'm ye-roon and THIS! is your daily wall of text! *music que*

Today in the wall of text:
- The trading post is finally live "salvaging becomes obsolete"
- Why overflow is a good thing

But first we're going live to the gandara server to check on Dorat's progress. Ok we can be quick here, Guardians are OP.

That brings us to our next topic, the Trading post. Today the trading post has come online and everyone that had horded their mats are putting it all on at once. Hold on to your salvaging kits and just sell all that gear you find. Salavaging 1 item for 2 iron ore or selling it for 1s and buy 20 iron ore from the trading post. I know what i'd do!

After the break we will talk about the overflow being a good thing.

Yes! the break is a few presses of the enter key. The overflow, lets see, with people spreading across the world, and events becomming more scarse, why not relog be put in an overflow and complete your event counter for the daily quickly? I know i would, that way i can play my alt some more.

Well thats it for today folks, tommorow there may be a daily wall of text, there may not be one. WHO KNOWS!

I'm ye-roon and THIS! was your daily wall of text! *closing music*
Salthoof Bear Druid

Moomore

Enjoying my Mesmer aswell. I'm using staff atm with a heavy +condition build. And scepter/torch.
This is giving me a crazy amount of survivability and dps with all the boons, conditions, shatters, shields, kiting, invis and burn (torch) and alot of illusion utility with scepter.
Maybe the dps is not as great as some other proffesions in terms of burst (other then shattering) but the consistant high dps and survivability/mobility/kiting is aswome.

ye-roon

What utility skills are you using with your mesmer moomore? And why the torch over the focus? the phantasmal warden does sooooooooo much dmg and he soaks projectiles aswell :)

I played some mesmer again yesterday, but like, i DIE, ALOT! its so squishy. Level 15 now, created toughness staff, scepter and focus (no power/condition version for lvl 15). And switched to illusion trait line. Time to test it out tonight.

Oh and yesterdays i finally got my: 100k without dying. 5min server goes down without warning. Roll back, and stuck at 97k/100k :s it just doesnt add up eventhough i earned more then 10k afterwards :(
Salthoof Bear Druid

Moomore

I'm using sigil of domination for the +condition damage and the on-use stun, mirror images for when I need a big shatter, bigger heal (the more illusion the more your heal does), each illusion also gives me +3% dmg, -3% dmg taken. And I use blink to get out of nasty situations and to easily kite stuff.

I use the torch because im condition build. The 4 skill (The prestige) is awsome. It blinds your foe, makes you invis, and does a crap load of burn damage when you pop back out of stealth (especially with +condition) and the 5 skill phantasmal mage confuses enemies (again enhanced bij condition) and more important gives retaliation me and allies.
The torch gives you more control imo. Mesmer is build to control stuff and not to lazerpewpewstuff. its not as fast as other proffesions in pve though thats a fact.

In the start mesmers are a bit squishy. Thing is they are not build to be taking alot of damage. They are ment to kite stuff and make sure you dont get hit at all. i can pull 4+ mobs at a time with no problems kiting them around.
You just have to find your way around with them.
For example when using phase retreat while standing in chaos storm you get the combo which is a free chaos armor. Inside the storm you get buffed alot, mobs devuffed like crazy, especially with also the chaos armor active. You can pretty fast kill stuff that way. And if things get to hot, blink out and kite, or use the torch skill to get out, burn and then kite. I'm loving it. Tried some pvp a while ago and mesmer is really though to kill, and i bet annoying as fuck for the enemies.

Dorat

Quote from: Zigipaladin on September 04, 2012, 22:10:20
Quote from: Dorat on September 04, 2012, 21:18:52
Thats kinda good , forum was dead in past weeks , even you Dorat was slacking , and i felt lonely!  ;D

I am doing my best, making threads live again is a serious bisiness:

;D

ye-roon

Well the focus gives you the speed buff, but when you press it again you pull the enemies towards it and interupt them during that time. If you summon the iWarden at that moment he hits all enemies for insane damage.

But for now what i found did the most damage is Confusion. It took me 30 levels or so to see a 150hit on a mob with my ranger (ranger is more a attack fast for lower numbers proffesion). With the mesmer it took me 2 levels. 5 stacks of confusion, target uses skill, 150 dmg to him. So a phantasm that can keep the confusion stack high after the scepter 3 skill is also verry nice (and it increases with +condition damage) aswell. And the free chaos armor, been using that all the time :)

Question though, why choose 3/6/9% damage for active illusions over 33% increased confusion duration? longer duration means more damage :) But thats probably because i am level 15 and  the mob doing an extra skill for high damage equals more damage then the 9% from my own skills at this time.

I agree with you on the prestige part, i didnt know it blinded foes aswell wich makes it even better. ah well, time to check it out some more. Its a fun alt and completely different from a "weapon"  using proffesion like the ranger/warrior and basicly evrthing but the elementist and necro :)
Salthoof Bear Druid

Santo

I finally started playing, I'm playing through some server in Michingan USA  ;D, connection is supprisingly playable  :D.

ye-roon

Anyone else who has his monthly reset?
Salthoof Bear Druid

Dorat

Quote from: Fred_Ignition on July 27, 2012, 18:44:01
Quote from: Dorat on July 27, 2012, 15:35:28
Quote from: Fred/Klorin/Ignition on July 27, 2012, 14:45:58
Quote from: Dorat on July 27, 2012, 12:59:58
Quote from: Fred/Klorin/Ignition on July 27, 2012, 10:31:26
Quote from: Dorat on July 27, 2012, 09:30:02
Quote from: Fred/Klorin/Ignition on July 27, 2012, 01:27:45
I know I will try the game, looking for a place to hang out ^^

GZ, since you are my first recruit, I reward you with a special title Hand of the King!!!  ;D
My God, this is the best day of my life!!!
Can I be Santos executioner?

Sure, if Al-Qaeda doesn't beat you to it! ^^  ::)

How things have changed!  :(

http://www.9to6.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/7039b0769dnd-now.jpg-430x630.jpg
Yeah..
To bad we dont deport fjortisar :/

Ah, god old multi-quote spam, this brings out the memories.. ::)