About TESO!

Started by Santo, March 23, 2012, 22:08:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Santo

SO CAN WE REANAME THIS FAILED SITE TO THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE NOW!?  :P

And God, please, don't make Santo moderator again!  :-[

Guild wars 2 is mmo that brings revolutionary changes to the world of mmo's.

Difference bettwen Guild wars 2 and other mmo's (mostly copies of WoW):
- There is no holy trinity, yes you read it right, there is no healer, tank and dps. Every proffesion in game (classes are called proffesion in GW2) can take damage, dodge attacks, do dps and has ability to heal itself
- There is personal story line
- There are massive dynamic events, that you can join in at any time. Bosses in this events scale depending on number of people that are attacking them. So if you attack with 10 people the difficulty of the boss will be almost the same if you attack with 100 people.
- There are clashes bettwen 3 servers in PvP that last for 2 weeks! There is massive map for this.
- There is no grinding in quests
- You get points for everything you participate in so there is no that "oh crap staff didn't drop again". You buy gear for points.
- Limited amount of abillites you can use at any given time (read: very tidy UI). It is still pretty complex since abbilites (first 5) are directly linked to weapons you are currently using, while other 5 skills (3 "normal", 1 elite, 1 healing) you choose by yourself from wide varity of abbilites/spells.
- There is no monthly fee

Very nice video with 10 reasons why GW2 seems to have what it takes to change mmo's forever:

Darvulia

A slightly more detailed series about Guild Wars 2 commentated by John "Totalbiscuit" Bain (and some from Genna).

The video you linked is before the beta even started!

EDIT : Forgot to add the YOGS series of GW2 Beta for the yognaughts out there.

Santo

Quote from: Darvulia on March 23, 2012, 22:20:34
A slightly more detailed series about Guild Wars 2 commentated by John "Totalbiscuit" Bain (and some from Genna).

The video you linked is before the beta even started!

That is why I have you  8)! That video is still nice general description of the game for people who never saw it before.

Darvulia

Quote from: Santo on March 23, 2012, 22:28:05
That is why I have you  8)! That video is still nice general description of the game for people who never saw it before.

Anytime :)

After having watched those series, I have to admit the game is quite promising. Some things do seem choppy compared to other MMOs but it's still on beta so it is to be expected. The weapon/ability swapping/adjusting looks the most interesting gameplay wise from what I've seen.

Zigipaladin

Good concept , at last an MMO that is not another copy of Wow

I am Paladin - Zigipaladin ;D !

Mastoras

Guildwars 1 was the best i ever played until... i met Wow. Fair game no subscription required and high quality. But the raid experience i met in wow is probably the best thing mmo's ever offered to a gamer. Lets hope GW 2 will not be another AoC,Darkfall,Aion,Lotr, Warhammer etc wow wannabe killers

Dorat

Fred_Zulraji

So is this another pay to play or free? :P
<br /> <br />This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it!<br /> - John Adams<br />Sience flies you to the Moon. Religion flies you into buildings.<br /> - Unknown<br />There is no God, only your imagination.<br /> - Fredrik Degerman (2009)

Santo

Quote from: Fred/Klorin/Ignition on March 26, 2012, 00:06:50

You buy game and then it's free to play (no monthly fee).

Fred_Zulraji

Quote from: Santo on March 26, 2012, 18:49:20
Quote from: Fred/Klorin/Ignition on March 26, 2012, 00:06:50

You buy game and then it's free to play (no monthly fee).
Really? Might try it out then ^^
<br /> <br />This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it!<br /> - John Adams<br />Sience flies you to the Moon. Religion flies you into buildings.<br /> - Unknown<br />There is no God, only your imagination.<br /> - Fredrik Degerman (2009)

Santo

Gw2 sold out!
Anet is stopping the prepurchase cos they sold full beta cappacaties of the game servers at the moment. Considering there are 48 servers opened for beta that points to at least 500k sold copies for now.

I suspect they will open alot of new servers for the may beta event so prepurchase should start shortly after 1st beta is done.