Brewmasters

Started by Neron, October 30, 2012, 09:38:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Neron

Was a bit shocked when I read this at work, drinking the morning coffee and trying to recover from yesterday's spree of wipes

Brewmaster: Zen Meditation + Avert Harm

Zen Meditation: Reduces all damage taken by 90% and redirects to you up to 5 harmful spells cast against party and raid members within 30 yards. Lasts 8 sec. Being the victim of a melee attack will break your meditation, cancelling the effect.
    Avert Harm: You cause 20% of all damage party and raid members within 10 yards take to be re-directed to you. Lasts for 6 sec.The damage received through Avert Harm can be Staggered. Avert Harm is cancelled if you reach 10% or lower health.

If you're like me, you saw Avert Harm for the first time, tried it, died horribly, and didn't touch it again. Fear not! There is a way to use it well, and that's coupled with Zen Meditation. ZM is normally not overly useful for a tank because it cancels during a melee; but for off-tanks and moments where the boss isn't attacking directly, coupling Zen Meditation with Avert Harm works similarly to the old paladin Divine Sacrifice/Divine Shield combo and provides your group/raid with an excellent damage reduction cooldown. It absolutely shines when used on Feng, as it can mitigate Epicenter and Arcane Velocity.

Even if you take Avert Harm out of the equation, Zen Meditation has some applicability because of the 90% reduction. It'll trivialize one of Elegon's breaths, for example, and any other damage spike effects you can think of.

DAFAQ
"you better take care of this situation moo else i would shove that african chocolate up ur xxx "