Item Upgrades!

Started by Neron, November 02, 2012, 12:49:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Neron

Patch 5.1: Item Upgrades
Patch 5.1 will finally implement the item upgrade system that first appeared in beta. The same frame is being used now, with a background that matches the other Ethereal frames, making it likely that this will be another function performed by our Ethereal friends. The window title still says Valor Upgrade, but the game has support for Valor, Conquest, Justice, and Honor points upgrades.
At last, we will stop sticking VP up to our asses!

It appears all items that are upgradeable can be upgraded by 8 item levels, but Conquest and Valor points will do it in two steps rather than all at once. The currency used to upgrade an item is set per item, so you cannot use Honor to upgrade Valor Points gear or any other type than what is set for the item.

Important: There are a lot of details missing about how the system works, it is not intended to be tested yet, and the values are not final!

Upgrade Costs

Currency    Cost    Item Level Upgrade    Max Number of Upgrades
Valor Points   750 ×    4 Item Levels   2
Conquest Points   750 ×    4 Item Levels   2
Justice Points   1500 ×    8 Item Levels   1
Honor Points   1500 ×    8 Item Levels   1

Upgrade Examples

"you better take care of this situation moo else i would shove that african chocolate up ur xxx "

Mystikk

The change is 5ilvl less than going from Normal to Heroic item but still it's a good way to spend all those useless valor points after some point. Nice!
- Are you sure you didn't want us to go to that glamorous party, honey?
- I prefer our little party here in bed where the dress code is simpler and I know the steps.

From "Firefly"

Neron

Eight ilvls to a weapon IS big deal to melee at least.
"you better take care of this situation moo else i would shove that african chocolate up ur xxx "

Mystikk

This is upgrading VALOR, HONOR and generally items purchasable with currency. Not raid items :) Man don't read only titles!!!
- I prefer our little party here in bed where the dress code is simpler and I know the steps.

From "Firefly"

Neron

Quote from: Mystikk on November 02, 2012, 13:25:14
This is upgrading VALOR, HONOR and generally items purchasable with currency. Not raid items :) Man don't read only titles!!!

Really, can you quote where I am mentioning this? :O Or am I blind?

Mystikk

Ah nvm, yeah probably it's for all items.

From "Firefly"

Neron

You and Niove really need to be "educated somehow" never to question my statements. I never make mistakes.

Mystikk

From "Firefly"